Logic and Verification Seminar (Summer 2020)
The Logic and Verification seminar is a reading group gathering the members of the Automatic Reasoning AG and students interested in formal methods and more precisely in logic and verification.
The seminar is open both for Bachelor and Master students.
As a student
Your main role is to attend the weekly sessions, and contribute to the discussions. Each session consists in a presentation of an article or an ongoing research by a member of the group followed by some questions and discussions.
As a student, you will read a scientific paper in logic and verification, summarize it in a report, and present it. There will be several possible topics (see below). To help you with these tasks, a researcher of our group will be assigned to you to supervise you and provide advice both for your presentation and your report.
When and where
Schedule and location:
- Room: Online via OLAT/BBB: follow this link
- Date and time: Friday 10:00 to 12:00
- Kickoff meeting: Friday 24.04.2020 10:00
- Periodicity: every 2 weeks
- Registration: send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and matriculation number
- Semantics of imperative programming languages
- Algorithmic problems in the field of verification
- Operationalization of formal specification techniques
- SMT (Satisfiability Modulo Theories) solving and decision procedures
- Database theory
- Modal and Temporal Logic
Some papers will be distributed at the kickoff meeting
- Prof. Anthony Lin
- Dr. Shuanglong Kan
- Dr. Daniel Stan
The below schedule will be completed with information about the topics.
- 24.04.2020: kickoff meeting
- 01.05.2020: Daniel Stan On the design of tracing apps
- 08.05.2020: Najib Muhammad Equilibrium Design for Concurrent Games
- 15.05.2020: short meeting
- 05.06.2020: short meeting
- 12.06.2020: Alwen Tiu Intruder Deduction in Sequent Calculus
- 03.07.2020: short meeting